zaterdag 6 februari 2016

New winterpaintings

Today I finished two other winterpaintings.
These are also based on pictures of the Treek Forest near my home-town.
I'm not in the situation to paint plain-air so I use photos I made myself. I don't paint from other pictures made by some-else. You have to be on the spot to feel the atmosphere, the light, the temperature etc.
Pictures are for me a reference during the painting-proces. I don't copy them.
So here they are. Also made in a rather small size.

 I saw these trees, and I wanted to paint the light coming from the left. Rest of the painting had to be painted in rather cool blues and greys.
Oil on canvas, 30 x 24 cm




The spot itself was  rather busy and filled with trees, branches etc. But leave them away in your painting and one can emphasize on the light shining on the snow and on the trees.

Oil on canvas, 30 x 24 cm

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten